June 1, 2010

Bad Mom

So I feel like a bad mom, but I did not take pics of Zandria at her first dentist appointments. Yes appointments. Her 2 year old molars have undeveloped enamel. She had one bigger cavity in one and two smaller ones and one didn't have anything yet, it just needed to be built up. Well I am not one to take her soo I wrangled my mother in law to go with her and sit with her as she got everything done. Well I must say that the combination of a good dentist, a brave little girl and me not being there with her resulted in a good experience for all. Her dentist has three kids and one her age, she new how to handle the situation. Zandria was just amazing. Yes she cried but what kid wouldn't there first time with that shining light and all those tools that make noise. Yes she even laughed I was told. Not sure whether it was funny comment that was made or the laughing gas that they administered through the "bunny nose". My point in this whole thing is that I feel like a bad mom. I couldn't and wouldn't stay with her during it all, plus I forgot to take pics for the little bit that I was there for. I do feel better at the fact that she did have a fairly positive experience. I just don't so well with things in my mouth or anyone else's mouth, especially needles.

2 comments:

Q&L said...

you're funny...lol...i mean I feel bad you couldn't be with your daughter :) glad she was ok tho!

Shae said...

Somethings do go better when mom isn't there. When Kadelyn got her tooth removed I felt bad that I wasn't there, but Jer told me the Dr. told him they prefer it when the men bring them in. They find a lot of the women just can't handle it. I felt a little better after that, lol!