June 1, 2012

Routine....NOT

I never realized how much I have come accustomed to a routine and change.  My kids fault.
In the last month we have gotten into a routine and very comfortable.  Confident that we can handle this CF thing....And then things change.  GGRRRR

Once a month or so they do a throat swab on Ronan and send it away....basically checking to see what bacteria are growing in his throat.  What is in the throat travels to the lungs or vis versa. 
Well 2 weeks ago he had a throat swab.  On monday they called me to tell me he has small amounts of bacteria in his throat that starts with an S.....(they all have long funny names I can't remember).  It is a bacteria that does not really make him sick, but it likes to stick to the sticky mucus he has that he can't get rid of easily.  It causes long term damage if it sticks around too long.  Ok so what do we do now???  another antibiotic....NO....well yes, but different. 
We got introduced to a compressor and nebulizer.  He is on an inhalant antibiotic that is administered via nebulizer. 
Wow is it challenging. 
Ronan has the ability to be more active and wiggly than Zandria. 
Our world is all about timing right now. 
He needs to sit with the mask on for 15 minutes twice a day.
He hates the mask.
I hate the mask.
He doesn't have an infant mask it didn't fit.....he is too big...supposed to fit up till they are about a year old....and you want him bigger....bhhhahahahahaaa.
But the bigger has a bit of a gap on him....oh well. 
The meds are pricey but thankfully the Sask Health covers it all. 
Expensive enough that I feel bad dumping out the left over meds after his 15 min is done. 
Oh well....I have to fight with him for 15 min....not going to push it more than I have too. 

Can we have this all stay the same for a while now.....PLEASE????

No comments: