July 26, 2012

Camping.....Why did we buy a camper???

Last year at about this time we bought a tent trailer.
I grew up camping in a tent trailer...it was fun and worked well for all involved.
My husband never camped as a kid....so he wanted to give it a try because he likes to camp and be out doors.  So we looked for one just to see if we could afford one. 
We found one from a family in church.  It is in good shape and has a port-a-potty....woo hoo. 
I was and still excited that I don't have to pack kitchen supplies and dishes when we go out.  It is all kept in the camper...tenting made me crazy because of all the packing and then storing of that stuff. 
We got off the ground.  I liked that a lot.  Plus out of the rain when it rains. 

Which brings me to last year. 
We tried twice to go in the month of august...always rain. 
The first time...we drove a while finally set it up in the rain and took it down the next day in the rain.....FUN
The second time was again rain so we didn't even bother going out. 
The third time it was nice most of it...but rained at night almost all the time and was cold considering it was almost the end of august.  It was a good time tho...better than the other two. 

This year. 
We planned early and booked a site early. 
We introduced our friends from the previous year to a new lake.  We were kind of nervous, as the weather here is very unpredictable. 
Well we got there set and all was good. 
bed time came and took a while to get to sleep.
Then the thunder came and the lightning...and a bit of rain.  My kids usually never wake up from storms, but not that night.  Jer laid there with them for a while.  Then it calmed and all was good. 
The next day our friends go showed up....it was fun a day. 
We put the kids all to bed and went for some adult time and a drink by the fire. 
After a while I jokingly stated that we should go check on the kids in case on is puking or something. 
When we got there...no one was puking so we got ready for bed....half hour later Ronan started vomiting. 
I said right them and there that I wanted to go home...I was cold and didn't want to clean this up.
Jeremy reasoned with me that if we were in the van he would still be vomiting. 
So I said fine. and tried to figure out how to get warm. 
The next morning I was hand washing blankets and sleeper....while Jer was trying to convince me to stay another night. 
I said yes of course we would go to the beach....I promised the kids. 
We were there all day....it was great....loved it. 
But we were still going to go home before bed cause it was supposed to rain all the next day. 
Again Jeremy convinced me to stay.....
it rained all night...lightly....stopped raining for us to get packed up....started raining hard 5 minutes after we left....perfect. 

Why do we camp.....not sure.....not looking promising. 
on a side note....we are pretty sure that Ronan has vomitting episodes when he is about to pop a tooth out.....weird child....love him still tho. 

1 comment:

Q&L said...

Prob hard ESP cause the kids are so young. I encourage u to hang in there, keep the trailer, good memories for ur kids, down the road :). We vetoed camping this year, just day trips, might try tenting next year - lyla