April 21, 2010

I Love Road Trips.

I really do love road trips. I like driving some where. There are no people around me that I don't know, I have control most of the time how fast we have to go and what happens in the vehicle. I just really enjoy road trip.
Well yesterday the kids and I packed up on a mini road trip to go and see Jer in North Battleford. We were going to go and have supper with him and then hang out for a couple of hours and then head back after bed time. I have done this once before and worked out great. Yesterday was different. On the way there I stop for Tims and got some timbits while there. The kids had two each and then Zandria got bored so I gave her another snack which was all good. I gave the same thing to Elias thinking he would complain otherwise. He did, but he didn't eat it. Ok whatever. Zandria got bored again so I turned on a movie for her to watch, and Elias was content to play with his truck. Around 20 minutes outside of North Battleford it happened. I heard Elias cough and then I looked in the mirror and slammed on the brakes. He was vomiting. So I opened up the van door and he looked at me and then proceed to vomit some more. It was a mess. I cleaned him up and then continued driving, praying the whole time that he was done. (This next part is gross but weird and has to be said) He hadn't puked up all that he had eaten for lunch only some of it. So weird.
Well we made it to Jers hotel and Jer cleaned him up the rest of the way in the hotel room. Elias was in a great mood, no fever, no grumpiness, lots of energy, he was fine.
So we have come to the conclusion that Elias might have a little bit of car sickness or motion sickness. We have never noticed it before , but then again he normally hasn't eating this much while in the van. I don't know if that is the only reason, but we are pretty sure that motion sickness was his problem. He even ate a big supper. We did take precautions and get some motion sickness meds for the ride home. We did not have any incidents on the way home.
I love road trips. I can't believe I have a child that can get car sick. This just sucks. But I guess if I still want to go on trip I just have to plan a bit more time so we can stop to eat and let it process a bit before taking off again. Oh well got to do what I got to do.
It was an eventful five hours, but whatever I will probably do it again.
I love learning new things about my kids.

1 comment:

Q&L said...

awww, poor guy. Well, at least there is gravol and the like these days. I'm the exact opposite, do not like long car rides, Quinn's the same. Sometimes it can't be avoided unfortunately.