April 26, 2010

So much to say.....

What do you do when you have too much in your mind. I feel like I need to say it, or write it, but the only place I have is here, but you won't be interested. What to do??? Well I am soo sorry, but I am going to spill what my mind is thinking on here right now. I am soo sorry if you just don't care........So this is your warning that you may not want to continue.


Ok so I had no idea how smart a three year old can be. So we were at one of Zandria's friends birthday party, she was playing with some of the gift bags that were given. She was also colouring some pages that were ripped out of a colouring book that was received by the boy. She decided to put a picture in each bag, but did not have enough pictures for all of the bags, so she asked me to rip out some more. I said no she could just put the colouring book in there. She proceeded to almost throw a temper tantrum, but I stopped that. She stood there quietly for about five minutes or so while I talked and then she asked me if she could colour some more. I said sure and opened the book for her to colour. She looked at the book and then at me and then at the book again. Then she started to rip it out, I stopped her and told her to just leave it. She said no and started to rip it the rest of the way. Then she coloured for a minute and then put it in the one remaining empty gift bag. I honestly didn't know that a three year old could problem solve like that, and for that matter be so particular. I was shocked and proud at the same time, or and very annoyed that she got her way.


Now for the next thing. I am at home right now by myself, well the kids are here but they are asleep. I am the only adult here. I have been at home by myself now form Monday to Thursday for the past two months now. I know that I don't have a choice. I know that no matter what kind of a job there are always out of town trips. I know that Jer likes his job. I know that it pays the bills and give me an opportunity to stay home with the kids. I know that it could be worse. I miss Jeremy a lot during the week, but we do get a three day weekend every weekend. I have a hard time having patience with the kids. Some weeks the patience runs out on Thursday morning or afternoon. Other weeks (like this one) I struggle to get to supper each day. On those days I just try to figure out how last week was so different or sometimes even how yesterday was so different. It is just so weird.


Our street is closed. Our water main are being serviced in some sort of way. We have pipe lining the street and is annoying to drive over to get into our driveway. Plus when driving you have to dodge a lot of material, equipment and workers. But the up side is that it keeps the kids amused for a while.... Elias a lot longer than Zandria. They are loud also. Oh well at least it is getting done properly. They are saying it could take till mid July. That is a Long Time.


Oh the stuff going through my mind. There is sooo much more, but I am getting tired and I want to go to sleep. Hopefully tomorrow is more relaxing then today, or at least more productive.

Sorry to all of you who read this and think oh she should stop complaining, or oh this was boring. Well I did give you a warning so deal with it. haha. I just needed to "talk".

Venessa

3 comments:

Q&L said...

hmmm...good to be honest. Being a stay at home Mom is a huge privelege, but of course there will be "those days", and I'm sure they are compounded when your husband is away for days. praying for you today.

Shae said...

I hope this week has been better for you Venessa! It's hard when they have to be out of town, I've done that too, when Kadelyn was really young & Drydien was basically still newborn! Venting sometimes makes things feel better!

jupo said...

4 days is a long time to be alone! I find that the hours that Ryan spends at work each day long enough and I look forward to when he gets home every day - either to hold/settle a crying baby or finish up the supper I started because I'm feeding a hungry baby or at least to tell me that it's okay that I didn't finish folding the laundry/unloading the dishwasher/cleaning up my pajamas that I left in the bathroom after taking a quick shower/etc.
Hang in there!! It won't always be like this - just take one day at a time.